Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ELVIS

                                       OUR FIRST BOY
 ELVIS,or Smelvs, Melvin, Smelvin, Schmelvicus, Fat Mack, Macky Boy, the list goes on and on. He's a 2 yr old silver lab, we got him for our 25 anniversary. I've always had female dogs, and they have always picked me as the chosen one, you know the one they stick by, follow around everywhere. Pete and the boys talked me into a male this time, said lets be different go with a male. A friend of mine warned me if I got a male he wouldn't pick me as the chosen one. Of course no way I believed that, how could that be i'm the one here all the time, it has to be me. NO WAY.. He went and picked my husband Pete, go figure.
 Can you say SPOILED oh yes he is, and he's all boy, he's the boss around here and he does what he wants, and our house revolves around him, from when we leave to go places, to when we have to come home. He doesn't  like to be left alone very long, he tends to make a potty  mess ALL OVER  the house. Elvis is the only dog I've ever known to wet in his kennel, most dogs won't wet where they sleep, he did. I think it was so we'd let him, i'm sure of it, and  it worked, no more kennel, and now he doesn't wet his bed anymore, well he did the other night, but we also made him go to bed at 8 pm.
  Elvis likes to sit in the chair with Pete, and Pete likes having him there, funny thing is Pete and I have always had a dog, but he's never been the one to cuddle and really love on them, well until  now. Elvis is his boy. Elvis  has completely changed Pete's life, turned him to mush. Elvis is also the only dog we have ever had that snuggles, oh how I LOVE THAT, he is silver so his fur is not very thick and he likes to snuggle, he likes to push his back up against you real close, he almost sits on you then slides down so he's as close as he can get. He's nice and warm that way, it's really cute, he also likes to be covered up. HE'S A GOOD BOY


 Having our first boy Elvis has been very trying. I wouldn't have had it any other way he's brought a very different joy to our house and I think he's brought us all closer together

No comments:

Post a Comment