Friday, April 20, 2012

Ouch

 Yesterday I went out and when I got back I found Elvis limping. Oh no, he's had issues with his leg since he was about 2 months old. We think, him and Betty were playing rough and he might have torn a ligament at the bend of his hind leg. After taking him to the vet once a month for almost a year with multiple x-rays, they really could not find any thing. So with the vet we decided to just let it go and watch it. Every now and then he will hold it up just a little, but today he wouldn't walk on it at all.

He's having a little trouble getting up
It hurts mom
He won't put it down, poor baby
I had to work to get him to go out
 Pete said just let him be and watch him, but I ALWAYS over react. I took him to the vet. I had to trick Jake so I could get Elvis out without him, I don't think Jake will fall for that again, he was unhappy he was not going.  I got his bed stairs and put them at the truck so I could get him in, figuring he would not be able to jump in. Yeah right as soon as he realized we were going for a ride, magically he was all better. The vet says it happens all the time.
At the vet, he's standing firmly on both hind legs
still standing on his back legs
standing with his front paws up on the seat with both back legs planted firmly on the  floor
 Elvis thinks everyone at the vet is there to give him treats, and they did, even sent him off with 2 baggie of treats and some dental sticks. The vet and I decided to just keep him from playing rough, and no running for a couple of days. I'm sure I just over reacted and he'll be just fine.
                                            He's a Good Boy

3 comments:

  1. Hope Elvis feels better soon!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha roo! Way to freak your mom out, Elvis! :) (Mine would have done the very same thing!)
    Hope you really ARE feeling better!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis you trickster. Good way to go for a ride and get treats. Well done mate. We'll keep that in mind hehe. Hope you leg is ok now. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete