Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Grown Up

             As long as I can remember Betty has slept in my bed at my feet.

She is under her own red blanket
  That's her spot, and she is a big girl. I have slept with my knees bent or making Pete let me have some of his leg room for years. We have noticed she has been hesitant to jump up lately, our bed is kinda high. Some of you might remember Pete made steps for Elvis who is not a very good jumper 


 Betty would not use them, no matter how hard we tried to get her to. Yes Betty, Elvis and Jake all start out most nights in our bed, thank goodness it's a king size bed. Well this last week Betty  stopped jumping up and sleeping with me. It makes me sad. Since Chris left, Betty has become a momma's girl, she's always been kinda of scared of a lot of things, but again lately we have noticed such a change. I think she is growing up.  We had a thunder storm the other day and instead of hiding she went outside with us to watch it rain. I don't think she has ever done that. We have also noticed her not getting up on the furniture any more.

The bed I made when Jake had his surgery, they liked it so we kept it out
I know it's safer and for the best,she not jump up if she can not do it any more, but I will admit I've been having trouble sleeping with out her.


 So we made her a bed on the floor like the others with of course mini crib mattress& blankets, moved it around the room till we found the spot where she wanted to sleep on it and that happens to be big surprise on the side with all the other dogs. So on Pete's side on the bed is  Abby's bed then Elvis,and Jake is after the closet door and now Betty across from Elvis. Good thing they all get up as Pete is getting up, he really has no where to get out of bed with out stepping on one of them. Lucy does not sleep in our room at night, she likes to sleep out in the living room in her bed.


                                       She is such a Good big girl

3 comments:

  1. Betty is so beautiful. Growing up is harder on our peeps than it is on us. Brings a smile to my face how you work around all their needs. Your a GOOD parent.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not being able to sleep without a dog in the bed - Blueberry often starts sleeping out on the floor at night and then will eventually move next to me on the bed. I always feel like that's when I am able to really fall fully asleep.

    You do indeed take such good care of your dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Betty! Thank you for finding a comfy bed for her where she wants to be!
    My mom sits on the floor with me at night now, until I fall asleep. Woo.
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete