Monday, June 4, 2012

Pitty Post Day

                                        Today is  Pitty Post Day

    It's Corbin's 3rd birthday and for his birthday, he has asked that people write something positive about pit bulls. You might remember Corbin he won the Cracker Critter Contest a while back, well cause he's a real Cracker.
   We obviously don't have pit bulls, but there is a special pit bull that I just love. I'm embarrassed to admit that long ago, I like many others was afraid of pit bulls, only because of the bad media. In the last year I have realized how unfairly wrong I was. I am proud to say, I  feel so different about pit bulls now. I stopped listening to the bad media and started listening & watching  people with their pit bulls. And I am sorry, I was ever afraid. I truly believe that  pit bulls are no different than the labs I have.
                              Meet Sully, I just love him, He's up for adoption
He is totally blind
I only know him from the internet, through this wonderful rescue I.C.A.R.E.Dog Rescue,  here is what they say about him.
   Sully gets around just fine despite being blind and is such a cuddle bug! Sully was born blind so he adapts very well to his surroundings (i.e. up and down stairs, couch).  His favorite things are cuddling, blankets, walks, and play time. 
His favorite hobby is to suck on blankets all day and he especially loves car rides. He's crate trained, and has learned commands such as sit and lay down. He's very alert!  He's always entertaining and his smile is unforgettable! 
He would do best in a home where there are no children under the age of around 15 and he would be best as an only dog or living with one other dog. Sully is sure to bring lots of love and laughter to whomever is lucky enough to adopt him...could it be YOU?
 Sully is up for adoption from I.C.A.R.E. Dog Rescue In CA, sorry they do not do out of state adoptions.

          Here's a couple of videos that Sully's foster's posted, he's a smart boy



He may be blind, but he knows when there is food.
Lola the English Bulldog is also avaliable
Who could not love that face
He's a Good Boy

 Sully, I just Love you. I'm sorry I can't have you, but I just know the perfect home is out there for you, they just have not found you yet. They will.
                                           
I found out recently that my brother and his family( always been C A T people) started doing some dog fostering this year. I am proud to say they are failed fosters and have recently become the proud owners of Sammy, the pit bull.

Congratulations Uncle Mike & family, she is beautiful 

                                        Happy Birthday Corbin,
Because of you the people all over are taking about what great pets pit bulls are


Sully at an adoption event this weekend




4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so wonderful! Thank you for shining the spot light on Sully, what a wonderful guy he is! And congrats to the new pitty in your extended family! We really are great pooches, and it's so great to hear stories like yours where you've had your mind changed but our positive behaviors! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sully is BEAUTIFUL! My paws are crossed that he finds the perfect home soon!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Silvers, this is a beautiful post. Corbin was thrilled and so are we. Well done to your Uncle Mike for being a failed foster carer hehehe. Now he has a doggie to love forever! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. So many people here are afraid of Pit Bulls because of all the negative media coverage and stupid legislation. It's great when people change their minds. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete